The word liebster comes from the German, meaning beloved, lovely, dearest, valued.
To begin with, I want to thank Preeti Kanwar for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I felt so honoured when I received your message – thank you!
Now, in answer to your questions:
1. What was your first job?
I worked at my church when I was 18 doing admin for a big conference. I still work at my church and I still love admin so a good start on the career ladder!
2. Why did you start blogging?
A friend showed me her blog and we wrote a piece together and I was amazed at how simple and satisfying it was.
3. What kind of family did you grow up in?
I have three sisters and two brothers so our house was always busy growing up. We don’t see each other as much anymore but are still extremely close.
4. What is the best present you’ve ever received?
5. Tell us one guilty secret.
I give better birthday presents to people in the run up to my own birthday in the hope that they’ll return the favour!
6. What is your favorite place that you’ve ever visited?
I lived in Italy for a while and absolutely loved visiting Puglia (the heel of the boot). There’s a beach there located in a national park that is the closest feeling I’ve had to being on a desert island…utterly breathtaking!
7. What is your favourite movie?
The Princess Bride is the film I grew up on and I can quote the whole thing.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I really want to go to New York. My desire to go there is mostly based on films, but it’s always been a dream of mine to go.
9. Are you a cat or dog person?
Neither – we weren’t allowed animals growing up and now I feel no connection to them. I’m more of a people person.
10. Your favorite book?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers – so romantic and wonderful and I read it most years.
For my nominees – if you decide to accept, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My nominees (should they choose to accept) for the Liebster are:
I loved checking out all your blogs and I look forward to reading more.
My questions for you are:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could go to any three places in the world – one for a week, one for a month and one for a year, where would you go?
3. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
4. If you could spend a day with one person, living, or dead, who would it be and why?
5. Describe yourself in three words.
6. What’s your happy song? (i,e. Can’t help smiling when you hear it)
7. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
8. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
9. When was the last time you did exactly what you wanted to do?
10. Who is the one person who can always make you smile?
I can’t wait to read your answers!