Christmas nails are an absolute must for this time of year, so I wanted to make it super easy for you to join in the festive fun. Here are six simple designs for anyone to try and the best thing is you don’t need anything except a few Christmassy nail polishes to give them a go!
1. SANTA’S STAIRCASE
1. Paint a layer of your base coat followed by two coats of green polish.
2. Paint a series of white stripes, each a little shorter than the last.
3. Repeat point 2 using some red varnish but allow some of the white polish to show through.
4. If your hands are steady enough, do the same in gold for a super Christmassy staircase. Finish up with your top coat.
2. DIAGONAL GLITTER STRIPE
1. Paint a layer of base coat, followed by some red varnish.
2. Apply a slick of glittery polish diagonally across the tip.
3. If you’re up for adding something extra, then stamping is one option. I stamped a little robin on each of my nails for an added detail. Don’t forget to seal it all with your top coat.
3. SNOWY FINGERTIPS
1. Apply a layer of base coat followed by a double coat of black nail varnish.
2. Paint short diagonal stripes in blue polish.
3. Follow up with a layer of white stripes over your blue polish, but leave a tiny bit of blue showing.
4. Finally repeat with some silver polish and finish off with your top coat.
4. CANDY CANES
1. Paint a layer of base coat, followed by two layers of white nail varnish.
2. Carefully paint thin, straight lines in red polish. Don’t be afraid to get it on your skin. You can always clear it up with a cotton bud afterwards.
3. If that’s not enough, then add some green and silver stripes with nailart pens and seal with your top coat.
5. CHRISTMAS CRACKER CHEVRONS
1. Paint your base coat and two coats of white nail varnish.
2. Paint two green stripes at an angle that meet in the middle.
3. Apply two gold stripes parallel to the green ones.
4. If you’re tempted to add more, try some red glittery dots using your nail varnish brush just above the green lines. Wait a while before adding your top coat.
6. PEPPERMINT CREAMS
1. Apply your base coat, followed by two coats of dark green varnish.
2. Paint a thick stripe down the middle in a lighter shade of green.
3. Then add a slightly thinner stripe down the centre in a pale green.
4. Finally paint a thin, white stripe right along the middle to make it look like a highlight and follow up with your top coat.
There you have it! Six easy ways to achieve Christmassy nails. Let me know if you decide to try any – I’d love to see your recreations. Just tag me on Instagram @tillynailart.